Course Duration: 12 x 2 hour classes.
This course is aimed at students who are new to the skill and knowledge required for computerised accounts. It is suitable for those studying in preparation for employment and those already in employment who wish to develop their knowledge of underlying principles and practice.
No previous knowledge of Sage accounting software is needed.
This course focuses on the following two units:
UNIT C1 (RECORD ROUTINE BOOKKEEPING TRANSACTIONS USING A COMPUTERISED SYSTEM)
• Add Customers/View or Amend Customer details • Identify Aged debtors and print letter
• Add Supplier/View or Amend Supplier details • Supplier Cheques/Cash paid
• Add New Nominal Accounts • Identify Aged Invoices and make payment
• Purchase Invoices/Returns/Credit Notes • Correct errors
• Sales Invoices/Credit Notes • Carry out Bank Reconciliation
• Customer cheque/Cash Receipts • Print Reports
UNIT C2 (PREPARE & RECORD SALES & PURCHASE DOCUMENTS USING A COMPUTERISED SYSTEM)
• Amend Customer/Supplier Details • Update Ledgers
• Amend Nominal Accounts/Nominal Codes • Suppliers cheques paid
• Purchase Invoices/Returns/Credit Notes • Print Remittance advice notes
• Service Invoices • Customer cheque received
• Invoice and Order Defaults • Petty Cash Payments/Receipts
• Create & Print Service Invoices • Restore Petty Cash Float (Bank Transfer)
• Create & Print Service Credit Notes • Print Reports
Assessment is carried out in the form of OCR set assessments.
Candidates who successfully complete the OCR Level 1 Award in Bookkeeping Skills (Computerised) may progress to the OCR Level 2 Award in Bookkeeping & Accounting Skills (Computerised). This qualification will provide a basis for progression to the NVQ Level 2 in Accounting.
Course Commences September 2018