Wednesday 8th September 2021 - 12.30pm - 2.30pm - 14 weeks
The IAB Level 1 Award in Computerised Bookkeeping qualification is aimed at learners who wish to begin their studies of computerised accounting and gain entry to a Level 1 qualification.
There are no formal entry requirements. However, it is important that learners have good basic skills in numeracy and literacy. You will also need to be computer-literate, with the ability to move around a computer screen with confidence.
Units, assessment and learning outcomes:
The qualification comprises two mandatory units. Method of assessment will be in the form of a Knowledge Test (Introduction to computerised accounting – see below) and assignment (Set up a computerised accounting system and process data – see below). The assessments are completed using the IABOnline testing platform.
Introduction to computerised accounting
1. Understand the basics of computerised accounting.
2. Understand accounting terms
3. Recognise source documents
4. Understand the basics of the VAT system
Set up a computerised accounting system and process data
1. Set up a computerised accounting system
2. Process credit based transactions
3. Process cash sales and sundry income
4. Process receipts from credit customers
5. Process payments to credit suppliers
6. Process payments through the bank current account
7. Process petty cash transactions
8. Reconcile the balance on the bank current account
9. Generate reports
Progression Routes: Candidates who successfully complete the IAB Level 1 Award in Computerised Bookkeeping may progress to IAB Level 2 Award in Computerised Bookkeeping.
Course commences - Wednesday 8th September 2021 - 12.30pm - 2.30pm