Education Courses - First Steps Womens Centre
Health / Wellbeing
In this 10 week course you will:
- Learn to express your ideas and feelings, both positive and negative in an open and honest manner
- Begin to change old patterns of behaviour
- Learn how to stand up for yourself while respecting the rights of others
- Adopt a more positive approach to life
- Create and implement your own personal Assertiveness Plan
- Become more assertive by identifying and addressing your needs
Gain greater confidence and self-esteem
Course Duration: 6 x 2 hour classes
Previous participants say they wished they had learned this information years ago!
- Coping with menopause
- Working with your cycle
- A natural approach to skin care
- Good pelvic health
- Good hormone balance
Photo by Manuel Toro on Unsplash.com
This brand new course is all about Make-up, Colour & Style!
It will include:
- current trends in make-up
- advice on looking after your skin
- best products for your skin type
- make-up styles that suit your facial features
- selecting the correct colours in both make-up & clothing that suit your completion and
- how to dress to suit your body shape
This course will introduce you to therapies such as
- Reflexology and
Each week will involve both theory and practical experience. Participants will buddy up with each other and under tutor guidance give and receive therapies such as reflexology / hand massages / head massages / shoulder massages etc
Photo courtesy of Pharma Hemp Complex at Unsplash
What would happen if you gave yourself some time to stop, be silent and still?
In this 6 week course you will learn Mindfulness and Meditation practices that you can use to help you in every day life.
- Reduced stress, anxiety and worry
- Lower blood pressure
- Increased focus
- More clarity
- Increased resilience
- Greater sense of calm
“Meditation is a lifelong gift” Sir Paul McCartney
This is a stress-reducing positivity workout using movement, music and meditation along with powerful affirmations to combat negative thought patterns.
It includes a 15 minute relaxation and is particularly good for those who want a softer approach to fitness.
Photo courtesy of Josh Reimer at Unsplash
The group travels in our minibus to various local parks for a weekly one hour sociable walk.
Walking is one of the easiest ways to get more active, lose weight and has been shown to reduce the risk of chronic illnesses.
Whats not to like???
Photo courtesy of Priscilla du at Unsplash