Education Courses - First Steps Womens Centre
The course covers the following 3 applications.
- MS Word
- MS Excel
- MS PowerPoint
This course is aimed at those who want to enhance their existing office skills to improve their job prospects, using standard industry software applications.
- Create document including using templates.
- Navigating through document
- Customising tasks
- Tables and lists
- Headers & Footers
- Inserting graphic elements, e.g., pictures, shapes, SmartArt, etc.
- Saving documents in various formats, including PDF
Course Duration: 13 x 2 hour classes.
This course is aimed at students who are new to the skill and knowledge required for computerised accounts. It is suitable for those studying in preparation for employment and those already in employment who wish to develop their knowledge of underlying principles and practice.
No previous knowledge of Sage accounting software is needed.
This course focuses on the following two units:
Course duration: 13 x 2 hour classes
Entry Requirements: There are no formal entry requirements for the Level 1 Award in Payroll. However, it is recommended that prospective candidates will already have basic skills in numeracy, literacy and IT prior to embarking on a course of study for this qualification.
- Payroll record keeping and processing, providing the necessary skills to record financial payroll transactions
- Carry out a range of basic day-to-day payroll routines and activities including the calculation and processing of pay data
- Assess the implications of maintaining accuracy when performing any practical payroll tasks
- Understand the importance of security and confidentiality in performing any payroll task
Progression Routes Participants may progress to the IAB Level 2 Award in Practical Payroll and IAB Level 2 Award in Computerised Payroll, on successful completion of this qualification.
Course Commences Monday 7th January 2019 - 12.30pm - 2.30pm