Course Duration: 126 hours = 21 weeks two days per week 3 hour class
Tuesdays & Thursdays - 9.45am - 12.45pm
Entry Requirements: Must complete an initial assessment and have passed Entry 2
Speaking & Listening:
• Obtaining/Providing specific information
• Following instructions
• Correct pronunciation
• Contribute to discussions
• Be able to gain meaning from text
• Be able to identify the purpose of text
• Be able to find information in text.
• Be able to order words alphabetically
• Be able to produce simple text for a given audience.
• Be able to complete a form.
Speaking & listening: 3 Recorded tasks
Reading: 7 tasks – (Multiple choices) - for main points and events, meaning of words and phrases. Use of images for meaning and alphabetical order ( 1st and second letter).
Writing: 2 writing task one of which is a form
- Present information in an appropriate format for the intended audience.
- Structure main points in short paragraphs.
- Sequence text chronologically
- Use adjectives, punctuation and upper and lower case letters correctly.
- Spell correctly and use grammar correctly
- Record personal details in a form correctly
- Complete a form with open and closed responses correctly.
Progression Routes: Level 1 ESOL Course
Course Commences - September 2018 - dates & times to be confimed