"There is such a lovely feel when you come through the door. Its so homely and when I am there I don't want to go home! When I did my first ever course (confidence building) I thought to myself Why have i not been here before? and Why was I holding back? Everyone is so nice and very friendly. It's so relaxing".
"I have to say only for first steps I wouldn't be working today, it was yourselves got me up and running again..."
- Very good;
- Thoroughly enjoyed course. Very well presented – great knowledge! Gained a lot of help/information;
- Excellent tutor – interesting subject, learnt a lot;
- I was looking forward to this course although a bit apprehensive. I absolutely love this class and have learnt so much. Mayella is a mind of information;
- Maybe could have had more material to give as reminders/summaries of each session that I could refer to in the future (I have extremely bad memory – recall);
- Great tutor, not sure if I would come to another Hormone Harmony;
- Course tutor excellent, learned a lot of very valuable information for women;
- Really enjoyed this course, really helped me to appreciate self care and the importance of it; Very enjoyable;
- Excellent course for women.
Dancing Your Way to Health & Happiness
- The Course DYWTH&H was very enjoyable. And now I do all the dancing all the time at home.
- This was a most enjoyable well presented course which stretched us mentally and physically in a super fun way. Charmaine is the best.
- This has been the most enjoyable course. I really enjoyed and would love it to continue in September J.
- The tutor was most welcoming and friendly – really enjoyed.
- Best course ever. Charmaine is so uplifting and joyful. Brightens up my Monday mornings. I feel wonderful leaving her class.
- Charmaine interacted well with the class and everyone felt welcome.
- I would really like this class to continue
- This was new. Now ready to embrace another new course but would love the chance to extend this one.
- Again I could not recommend this course enough. When I leave here I feel like a new person. I would say if I could bottle this class and take it away I would have such a good week.
- I would recommend this course to any women especially people lacking in confidence or who have been through any stress. You just release all and feel full of energy and confidence.
- I thoroughly enjoyed this course;
- The assertiveness course has helped me through a lot of my problems. I have benefited a lot from going to the Women’s Centre;
- Thank God for this Women’s Centre. It is a real boom in Dungannon, if I did not have it here as I am sure others say too, I would go crazy;
- Only for the Women’s Centre I would lack confidence and not mix with others. The courses are both great for your everyday life. Learning new things is always a great thing. Without the Women’s Centre we women would have a massive void in our life. That is women from all walks of life.
- I had fantastic support from my tutor Norah and Amanda;
- Long live Norah (Tutor) and Amanda (Wellbeing Co-ordinator) two fine ladies;
- I was encouraged to take part and ask questions when I needed to.
- I would very much like to continue with this subject as it’s an ongoing process. I’d also like to look at other subjects;
- I feel assertiveness is something one needs to be reminded of and repetitive input is good;
- To be as confident as I can be and to be straight up with people and learn how to please yourself;
- I would like to learn new courses.
- A lot of people would benefit from this as life at times gets tough and great problem solving ways to deal with situations. Come along to the Women’s Centre, if you lack confidence coming in, you’ll certainly have it going out. A pleasure;
- I would recommend this course to everyone. As we need to learn how to look after ourselves and how to deal with situations the right way;
- I would recommend the Women’s Centre to a friend or family member. Gives a lot of confidence and support to women.
- Really enjoyed course;
- Really enjoyed company;
- I really enjoyed this course and hope to continue this activity and I hope to attend the next course;
- Very informative course, I looked forward to attending each week.
- Absolutely loved the course.
- Looking forward to the next course.
- Have loved every second of this class and really hope there is more as I will definitely be going.
- Loved it; Brilliant course, I feel it helped my confidence and self esteem. I have never made anything before on a sewing machine. I have a sense of accomplishment; I hope to continue with this new skill, as I feel more confident about tackling new projects. I have really enjoyed this course.
- Love it, Love it, Love it!
Self Defence(4 responses)
- Look forward to more of this if possible.
- I thoroughly enjoyed the Self Defence class. It gives one confidence. Bravo!!!;
- I would like this course to be longer than six weeks.
Would you recommend this course?
- I would recommend this course to anyone, man, women or child
Did you gain any of the following?
Communication Skills 2
Ability to work with others 3
Social Skills 3
Ability to problem solve 2
Other – please state Stamina
- Course has been very helpful to a few situations I find myself in, great advice given by Nora and participants in class;
- Yes, course is meeting expectations and requirements;
- It’s helping me to look at things differently, listen to others;
- I love it !!!;
- Nora is amazing, listening to everybody, feedback and giving tips to each individual as needed;
- The tutor is making us aware of boundaries;
- Nora is very well organised and makes material easy to understand;
- Nora is class!!! ;
- I feel totally comfortable in this class and have brought up quite a few things I needed help with to try and deal with issues;
- Yes, I feel more positive since I started the course;
- I could participate more;
- Yes, I feel I question things if needed and I share experiences;
- We all talk and listen;
- Learning to look at ourselves in a different way and learning what we would like to change with confidence;
- I highly recommend this course;
- All talk is natural talk that can happen in everybody’s life;
- I think the course is helping me to understand this more and express myself;
- Well organised and well presented. A lot of materials covered in a short time
- I feel confident in the class and not afraid to speak out. A feel good programme
- Yes each of us are participating in class and Norah knows how to ask questions and gives us ways on how to change our thinking.
- I found it extremely helpful on how to deal with a lot of aspects in my life. It’s like renovating an old house.
- Everyone in participating in class getting lots of different opinions and take out of it what suits me.
- Communication, Friendships, materials to help me mentally improve
- Great presenter. Material covered is so apt to my circumstances.
- I found it extremely helpful on how to deal with a lot of aspects in my life. It’s like renovating an old house.
Were all the topics covered so far relevant to your needs?
- Yes and it helps to be able to discuss things with people who understand;
- Very much so, was stressing over a few things in my life at the minute and how I need to change in a positive way;
- I think a lot covered;
- Very much so;
- They all apply to me.
- What are the strengths of this course?
- Confidence Building!!!
- They help me to look at things I need to change. How to put these into practice.
- The strengths of this course are the people and Building Confidence.
- A lot of things covered, relaxed environment, good tutor, nice group of girls who share their stories.
- Friendship, confidence.
- Learning speaking your truth.
- A great tutor, time to talk to each other with experiences, the companionship of the others.
- It is enjoyable and engaging.
What are the weaknesses of this course?
- I don’t think there are any.
- None found – just classes go so fast.
- Hard to know.
- The weaknesses of this course are getting myself to keep it up.
- Silly question – None.
Do you have any suggestions for improvements in either the content or the presentation of the course?
- None at all – Perfect.
- None, most enjoyable.
- More time.
- Take into account that all wisdom is within and so needs nurturing.
Do you have any other comments on the course?
- The participants were helpful also.
- Totally enjoyable.
- Would need to put this into practice, I need to o the course again!
- I just feel these courses need to be ongoing.
- Not one, except I made new friends and realise I am not alone in my thinking.
- The course had made me come out of myself and go out of my comfort zone and not to be afraid of change.
- Thank you Norah for the teaching and listening to each and every one of us.
- Have got a lot out of it and heading towards a brand new me.
- Am thoroughly enjoying the course.
- Would like to do the course again, would like it to be longer;
- Wendy is an excellent tutor, very patient, very friendly and welcoming.
- Everyone is very supportive and approachable.
- Loved the course, everyone very friendly;
- Brilliant course, very informative. I found it easy to fit in, everyone was supportive and welcoming.
English Courses (Spaces Available) by Ciara
"This English course is very enjoyable and beneficial course for anyone looking to complete or upgrade their Key Stage III or GCSE's.
The course is a 16 week course and is open to anyone wanting or needing that extra bit of tuition. I, myself, attended the course and found it very helpful and beneficial. It has helped me a lot. I now can help my son with his homework a lot more now.
Mr Michael Murphy is the Tutor and he is excellent! He is always there if you need help with anything and he doesn't put pressure on you if you don't understand something. I would highly recommend this course to anyone willing to take part as I, a single mother, have gained exceptional knowledge of English. It is also an opportunity to get out of the house and meet new people.
A very enjoyable experience"
Ciara (Essential Skills, Literacy)
Wellbeing Course Participant
"Thank you and all the staff at FSWC for the wonderful opportunities you offer women, you are providing an excellent service, long may funding continue for this vital facility in our community".
- Tutor was great fun to work with.
- Zumba class was excellent. Zumba teacher very fit and worked well at our slow pace to start.
- Very Good.
- Zumba was very good fun and good exercise1
- It’s been amazing!
- Staff are lovely, efficient and helpful also good fun!
- Enjoyed Zumba well.
Dancing your way to Health & Happiness
- Charmaine was brill, looking forward to further classes.
- A fabulous course, we need more of these!
- Fulfilled every need. Found it all completely enriching and made new friends.
- Brilliant course, I loved every bit! Charmaine is fantastic, thanks!
- Unfortunately with my condition I was unable to participate in all classes. Tutor was wonderful, made me feel good about myself even though I couldn’t do much.
- Everything was great!
- Such an enjoyable course!
- Charmaine is a great teacher.
- Tutor was very encouraging, made everyone feel good.
- I’d recommend this course to everybody! Definitely!
- This course was entertaining, yet exercise was done too!
- I already have recommended it to others!
- Fun class. Everyone love it. Unfortunately with my bone issues I didn’t get to do too much but thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
- This course was wonderful. I enjoyed getting ready for it every Tuesday
- Excellent course and I’ve learned a lot from it.
- Norah is a wonderful Tutor. I found the course to be very useful and thought provoking. Thank you very much!
- This course is fantastic I feel that it is helping me a lot.
- Great tutor able to communicate well and point us in the right direction.
- A very worthwhile course and a good starting point towards change
- I really feel that more women especially in rural areas need to know about this centre, it really is a fantastic centre for women of ALL ages and BACKGROUNDS.
- This course is very important for people to help them gain confidence and find out things about themselves.
- It would be nice to have it spread over 10 weeks.
- Excellent course even for those disabled.
- All participants should be told to attend class promptly to get value from the tutor, as it is bad manners to be late.
- I find the Women’s Centre very essential for I have attended several courses and enjoyed each one.
- Excellent class. Feel much more flexible at 60+!
- I enjoyed yoga. My first time doing it. I will be keeping it up. Many thanks.
- Great place to meet other women from all walks of life and enjoy a cuppa.
- I hope to keep coming to the Centre. It has given me a bit of confidence.
- Excellent course. Well presented. Feel motivated to learn more.
- I certainly would recommend the Centre for different courses to other women.
- The course was first class. Very good tutor. Learn different skills to relax more.
- This was my first experience of Mindfulness and I really enjoyed it. I would recommend this course for anyone.
- Really excellent course. Well done!
- Thank you. Lorraine was wonderful & amazing.
- Lorraine is a great tutor: Very patient and accepting. I learnt a lot about meditation.
- An excellent tutor who took the mystery out of mindfulness and made it applicable to everyday life situations.
- Lorraine gave excellent tips on Mindfulness and Relaxation.
- I am going to do the course again somewhere else also, as I enjoyed it very much.
- This course should go out for everyone. A brilliant tutor with great patience.
- Excellent course. I feel many more people could benefit of this.
- A fantastic, super course.
- Yes definitely. I would recommend it for dealing with stress – very beneficial.
- It is many years since I have attended Dungannon Women’s Centre and it is as excellent a facility as ever. Staff are so efficient and helpful- always.